Friday 25 March 2011

Clipping and vectorizing images in 2D design.


 First of all i imported an image. To do this i went to file > import file.


 I then chose my image and left clicked "ok".


After selecting ok, another window is opened allowing you to alter the size and position of the image. I kept these properties the same and then selected ok.


After importing the image i resized it by left clicking and holding, i then dragged my cursor across the image to select it. I selected the bottom right resizing node by left clicking and dragged the image whilst holding shift. This resized the images according to its original proportions.



After resizing the image i then selected the clip path tool from the main toolbar and chose the close curve tool from secondary menu that appeared. This would allow me to draw a smoother, more accurate clip path around the part of the image that i wanted.


 I then traced around the image by left clicking repetitively around the section i wanted. To stop tracing i double clicked.


 After i had traced the section of the image i then selected the clip tool from the main toolbar.



I then located the path i had traced by left clicking on it. A clip settings window then appeared asking me whether i would like to trim the outside or inside of the clipping path, i chose clip outside.


 This left me with the remaining part of the image that was left inside the clipping path.



 To vectorise the image i selected the "vectorise" tool from the main tool bar. I then located the image by left clicking on it.


 I vectorisation window then appeared with the option of changing the colours and the amount of them that were contained within the image. To change the amount of colours i clicked and dragged the slider below the group tolerance section. The colours could be changed by clicking on the "choose col" buttons to the right of each square of colour and then selecting from the colour pallete window that appeared. I then pressed ok to complete the vectorisation.

3 comments:

  1. We have read the blog and it's a nice thing in your blog. Really helpful with the information provided.Thank you for the post. For more information. Visit: Picture Manipulation

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really helped with overcoming my depression thx

    ReplyDelete